Our endoscopy service helps patients who have problems with their digestive system. Endoscopic procedures involve passing an endoscope (a tube about half an inch thick) into the gastro-intestinal tract via the mouth or anus so the doctor can look inside you and take biopsies if required.
Kingston Private Health offers the following types of endoscopy:
• Bronchoscopy – to see a patient’s airways and into their lungs
• Capsule Endoscopy – to look at the digestive tract by swallowing a capsule that contains a camera
• Colonoscopy – for examining the colon and upper colon
• Cystoscopy – to investigate urinary tract infections, incontinence or blood in the urine
• Gastroscopy – to examine the oesophagus, stomach and small intestine
• Sigmoidoscopy – for looking into the rectum and lower bowels.
The standards of endoscopy at Kingston Hospital NHS Foundation Trust have been assessed and accredited by the Joint Advisory Group on Gastrointestinal Endoscopy (www.thejag.co.uk).