Dr Roy Jogiya is our Consultant Cardiologist and is trained in all aspects of general cardiology with a specialist interest in heart rhythm disorders and imaging. Dr Jogiya grew up locally and studied at Tiffin School for Boys in Kingston. He went to Imperial College and graduated with Honours in Cardiovascular Science (BSc) and Medicine (MBBS).
Dr Jogiya has undertaken extensive training and attended a number of prestigious cardiac centres – including the Royal Brompton, Yale New Haven Hospital, Imperial NHS Trust and St Georges Hospital (during which he gained a PgDip in Medical Law and Ethics).
He received a prestigious British Heart Foundation Fellowship and undertook his PhD in Cardiac MRI at Kings College London. He has successfully published a number of important papers and presented his works internationally.
Clinical areas of interest
- Heart rhythm problems – palpitations, dizziness, blackouts
- General cardiological problems– chest pain, breathlessness, cardiovascular risk, high blood pressure, high cholesterol
- Heart failure and stroke prevention
- Cardiac imaging – Cardiac MR, Cardiac CT, Echocardiography
- Procedures – pacemakers, defibrillators, heart failure therapy (CRT), coronary angiography, electrical studies (EPS), ablation, cardioversion, loop recorder implantation
MBBS BSc(Hons), PgDip, MRCP, PhD